600 grams King Salmon Fillet (skin removed)
6 Corn Tortilla Wraps (6inch or 15cm)
100grams or 3 big leaves Lettuce (preferably iceberg) – finely shredded
30grams Carrot – cut into julienne (thin strips)
20grams Red Onion – cut into julienne (thin strips)
3 Cherry Tomato – cut into ¼’s
6 stems Coriander – rough chopped leaves & stalks
1 Avocado (just ripe) – peeled
30 mls Olive Oil
½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
pinch Chilli Powder
Salt to taste
• Cut the tortilla wraps into smaller portions using a wide round cutter (this produces taco’s that are about 3-4 bites)
• Preheat a medium heavy based pan, brush one side of the tortilla with the olive oil & lightly toast the tortilla’s (on the oiled side only) one at a time. They must not become to crisp, as they will not fold in half when filling. Keep warm until ready to fill.
• Cut the lime in ½ lengthways, reserve one half to garnish, & squeeze the remaining ½ lime saving the juice.
• Make a quick lime dressing with ½ of the juice squeezed & the remaining olive oil. Mix well & season with salt to taste.
• Crush the avocado & mix with the remaining lime juice to stop it from browning.
• In a bowl mix the lettuce, carrot, onion & coriander.
• Cook the salmon – follow the method below.
To make the Tacos
• Lay all the warm taco shells out & portion the crushed avocado across all the tacos, placing an amount in the middle of the tacos.
• Dress the mixed lettuce, carrot, onion & coriander with the lime olive oil dressing.
• Evenly portion the dressed lettuce mix across all the tacos, placing on top of the avocado.
• Flake the warm salmon & portion across all the tacos, then fold in half.
• Carefully place all the tacos on a serving dish & serve.
• Cut the remaining lime ½ into wedges to garnish.
To cook the Salmon
• In a heavy based fry pan place a small amount of cooking oil & bring the pan up to a med to high heat.
• Mix the cumin & chilli powder with a pinch of salt & season the salmon.
• Place the salmon into the pan on what would have been skin side down.
• Allow the salmon to cook two thirds through, then turn the heat off & quickly turn the salmon & allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat & keep warm to serve.