48 freshly steamed NZ Greenshell Mussels in the half-shell
250g garlic butter (recipe below)
½ cup toasted breadcrumbs
20g parmesan, finely grated
Salt & pepper
Flat leaf parsley and lemon wedges to serve
1. Preheat the oven grill.
2. Mix up the garlic butter
3. With a small knife carefully loosen each freshly steamed mussel away from the shell. Once loose, place the mussel back into its shell and lay the mussels out onto an ovenproof tray.
4. Combine breadcrumbs, grated parmesan and salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
5. Spoon a generous amount of garlic butter onto each mussel, sprinkle over the toasted breadcrumbs mixture.
6. Place the mussels under the grill for 3-4 minutes until bubbling, golden and the mussels are warmed through nicely.
7. Transfer the mussels to a platter, sprinkle over the chopped parsley, garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
250g butter, room temperature
50ml extra virgin olive oil
½ cup flat leaf parsley, very finely chopped
½ cup chives, very finely chopped
1 small shallot, very finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
Small pinch of chilli flakes
1 lemon, zest & juice
1. Place the room temperature butter and olive oil into a medium sized bowl.
2. Whisk until smooth and aerated.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
4. Set aside until needed.