- 1 doz live mussels
- 100gm butter
- Zest of half a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 x gloves of garlic
- ¼ C panko breadcrumbs
- Sea salt
- Heat grill to 230 degrees.
- Raw shuck the mussels using a think, blunt knife. Remove top shell.
- Place the half-shell mussel on a grill tray
- Combine the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, parmesan, parsley, garlic and salt.
- Spoon a generous knob of the butter mixture onto each mussel and sprinkle with the panko breadcrumbs
- Place under the hot grill fro 4- 5 minutes or until the topping turns golden brown
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve hot with a slice of lemon