The New Zealand Aquaculture Strategy is the blue print to becoming a Billion-dollar sector by 2025.
It will see aquaculture’s revenue rival that produced by New Zealand’s wool and wine industries.
The Strategy was prepared in conjunction with participants from all sectors of the seafood industry, iwi, government ministries, research providers and NGOs. It focuses on actions that are within the control of the industry acting cooperatively as a sector, working in partnership with iwi, regions, communities, science, education, training providers and government and guided by the following principles:
• The strategy is market-driven, industry-led, commercially viable, and sector-wide
• It requires the collective action of industry participants
• Growth will be driven by innovations in existing and new space, species, products and markets
• Growth will take place within an environmentally sustainable framework
• The strategy will be implemented through a partnership between industry and government, communities, iwi, regions, and research/education/training providers
Click here for: New Zealand Aquaculture Strategy