Victoria University’s Centre for Marine Environmental and Economic Research (CMEER) conducts pure and applied research in areas such as aquaculture, fisheries, environmental impacts, coastal protection, biodiversity and conservation.
CMEER promotes and co-ordinates marine related research by:
Initiating research in collaboration with other researchers and organisations
- Carrying out research projects on a contract and consultancy basis
- Providing scientifically based information to assist organisations to explore the implications of marine-related issues
- Maintaining a network of researchers and individuals with interests in marine research
- Providing public information through its website, presentations by the Director and other staff, conference papers, and articles in academic and popular journals
- Organising conferences, seminars and other meetings
- Hosting visiting researchers
- Building contacts with agencies involved in marine-related research throughout the world
For more information visit the Victoria University website.